Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Mt. Cook

Sorry to those who did not see photos...I am trying again through Google drive...

The drive from Wanaka was through sheep and cattle country. There are signs indicating "This is the home of Icebreaker" (best quality Merino wool clothing) on some stations (farms). Looks like a lot of cycling opportunities here although roads are narrow and locals drive quite fast. This photo was taken as I drove away from Mt Cook this morning...amazing.



I arrived in Mt Cook 2 days ago in light rain. The clouds hung around the peaks while I hiked both days in the Tasman glacier  and Hooker valleys. After dinner the clouds began to lift and New Zealand's highest peak, Aoraki, or Mt. Cook (3754 m) showed herself. What a treat!





Tonight I flew from Christchurch to Auckland and checked in for my overnight flight to Tokyo via Shanghai and Osaka. More from Japan...

No comments:

Post a Comment