Friday, October 7, 2016

Packing light!

Well, it has been about 9 months of planning and I am almost packed! I decided travel to 6 countries in various seasons from spring in the Southern hemisphere to fall in Japan, still hot in late summer in Southeast Asia and winter in Norway would require a variety of layers and a bottle of liquid wash.


Although I could do 2 checked in bags, I decided to go as light as possible with a backpack carry-on and check in one bag with just the bare essentials. I'm taking a light pack of most of my medications, ball cap, raincoat, gloves, umbrella, bandana, toothbrush, electronics and camera in the carry-on and a few clothing layers, socks, underwear, shorts, spare shoes, toiletries, towel, sandals, hiking poles, (and oh yes, imodium) in the roller bag weighing 12 kg!

Got my Indian visa (which you have to arrange in the month before travel), international driver's license (for use in NZ), JR rail pass for Japan, an itinerary of about 18 + flights...a bit of cash and an ATM card.

Hope to find enough wifi to update this blog from time to time. And hope it will be interesting to those of you I send this to. Thanks for all the many well wishes... 

No comments:

Post a Comment